Payment Initiation Service provider, Paysera – Paysera LT, UAB, legal entity code: 300060819, official address: Mėnulio st. 7, Vilnius, LT-04326, e-mail address: email@example.com, phone: +370 52071558. Electronic Money Institution License No. 1, issued on September 27, 2012, the issuing and supervisory body is the Bank of Lithuania; identification code: 188607684, address: Žirmūnų g. 151, Vilnius, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone No. (8 5) 268 050; data about Paysera LT, UAB is collected and stored in the Register of Legal Entities of the Republic of Lithuania (hereinafter referred to as Paysera).
Payer – a natural (private) or legal person who has a payment account (accounts) in another (other) payment service provider’s institution (institutions) and allows to perform or submits payment orders from that payment account (accounts) using services provided by Paysera described in the present Rules.
Payment Initiation Service, PIS – a payment service, when a payment order is initiated under a request from the Payer from the payment account opened in another payment service provider’s institution via the Payment Initiation Service provider.
Payment service provider, PSP – under the present rules is understood as a payment service provider, in the institution of which the Payer has a payment account form which s/he intends to execute a transfer order (e.g. banks, other credit institutions, etc.).
Rules – the present rules for the provision of the Payment initiation service.
General Features of the PIS
1. These Rules determine the functioning of the PIS in Paysera system, provide the main features of the PIS, regulate submission of data of the Payer for the purpose of provision of the PIS and the security and confidentiality of this data.
2. The PIS provided by Paysera allows the Payer to log in to a personal electronic banking system via Paysera system, and confirm (authorize) an automatically formed payment order to the PSP institution of the Payer, i.e. the Payer initiates and confirms a payment order by logging in to his/her electronic banking not directly, but via a software solution created by Paysera.
3. The PIS in Paysera system does not cost the Payer additionally, although the Payer under the present Rules is informed that the Payer will be applied with a standard his/her PSP institution’s commission fee for payment transfers of a relevant type charged by the PSP of the Payer. If the PSP of the Payer informs about the price of such payment transfer, Paysera shall also inform the Payer thereof before s/he authorizes the payment order.
Detailed Description of the Operation of the PIS
4. When submitting a request to initiate a payment order from his/her payment account, the Payer shall provide his/her electronic banking data in a safe PIS medium (website) by entering it into relevant fields in order to execute the payment. Using this data, Paysera system automatically logs in to the electronic banking of the Payer and initiates the payment order. When executing this function, Paysera does not collect, accumulate or store electronic banking data provided by the Payer (personalized safety data), and the final recipient of the data is the recipient of the payment, as indicated by the Payer in the payment order. Information used by Paysera when logging in to the electronic banking of the Payer (client ID code, password, generator codes, password card codes, etc.) is encrypted and used only for one-time payment order initiation during one session, and the session is only supported until the payment confirmation is received from the PSP, but no longer than 10 (ten) minutes.
5. In each separate instance of the service provision, the payer gives his/her consent to initiate PIS electronically by entering his/her electronic banking data. By using Paysera PIS, the Payer personally, on his/her behalf and unilaterally initiates submission of the payment order to the selected PSP. The payment order may be canceled up to the moment of the consent to initiate PIS given by the Payer. The wish to cancel a payment order is expressed by the Payer electronically canceling the session.
6. If the Payer has several payment accounts in a particular institution of the PSP, the Payer selects the account from which s/he intends to execute the payment order.
7. Paysera automatically forms a payment order according to the data of the Payer provided to Paysera, also indicating:
7.1. if the recipient of funds is a client of Paysera, who the Payer intends to purchase goods or services from – the payment purpose is indicated automatically according the data of the recipient of funds in the system, which will later help the recipient o funds to easily recognize the payment order, the purchased goods or services and the purpose of the payment;
7.2. the payment amount confirmed by the Payer during initiation of the payment order;
7.3. after a payment order is formed, the amount, the recipient of funds or other transaction data cannot be changed.
8. The Payer shall confirm (authorise) a payment order automatically formed by Paysera.
9. After provision of the service of a successfully initiated payment order, via a durable medium Paysera submits a confirmation to the Payer and the recipient of funds about proper initiation of the payment order and successfully completed Payment order, which at the same time is also a confirmation that the payment order has been appropriately initiated at the institution of the PSP processing the payer’s account. Along with this information Paysera submits the data that allows the Payer and the recipient of funds to recognize the payment operation, the amount of the payment operation and, in certain cases (for example, by using the service of provision of the personal number), for the recipient of funds to recognize the Payer, together with the data sent with the payment operation.
10. Paysera shall inform the recipient of funds about successful execution of a payment order.
11. When providing PIS, Paysera provides the Payer and the recipient with data that allows to identify the payment operation and the Payer.
12. When providing PIS, Paysera does not keep the funds of the Payer at any moment.
13. In case the PSP of the Payer requests to change a password, fill in a questionnaire or answer some questions when initiating a payment order, these questions may also be provided for the Payer on the PIS medium and submitted to the PSP of the Payer after the Payer fills in the questionnaire in order for the transaction to be executed. However, Paysera does not provide any guarantees that in all such cases, when the PSP of the Payer requests to submit additional information, it will be possible to perform and complete it on the PIS medium. In case of failure to perform such actions, Paysera shall inform the Payer that the provision of the PIS in the particular case is impossible, and provide the Payer with standard instructions on execution of the payment order.
14. Paysera undertakes full responsibility for the proper submission of a payment order of the Payer to the PSP selected by the Payer, as well as the security and confidentiality of electronic banking login data provided the Payer.
15. In case Paysera provides the PIS according to the payment order initiated by the Payer, and according to this information the funds indicated by the Payer have been credited for the recipient of funds , but for some reason the funds have not been deducted and transferred or have been returned to the Payer, Paysera shall deem such funds as a debt of the Payer to the recipient of funds.
16. If the Payer finds out about an unauthorized or inappropriately executed payment transaction using Paysera services, the Payer shall contact the operator of his/her payment account thereof under the procedure indicated by the agreements with his/her account operator.
17. Paysera, ensuring security of payment transfers and confidentiality of data of the Payers, does not store any data of the Payer related to personalized security data (e.g. unique identifier, passwords or payment order confirmation (authorization) codes) in the information technology systems and servers used. All data received are submitted by the personal data subject him/herself.
18. All the personalized login data to the electronic banking (personalized security data) of the Payer are used only during one-time session; they are encrypted during transmission and cannot be seen, recovered or used in Paysera system. Every time when the Payer submits a request to initiate a payment order, s/he must once again confirm his/her identity to the PSP that manages his/her account.
19. All the data provided by the Payer in Paysera system during payment execution are transmitted to a PSP institution through a safe channel secured by SSL certificate. Therefore, electronic banking login data of the Payer and payment order confirmation (authorization) codes remain safe and cannot be taken over by third persons.
20. For the purpose of provision of the PIS, the following data about the payment transfer are collected and stored: full name, personal code (national ID number, if transferred together with the payment order), payment date, payment amount, payment purpose, email address and account number of the Payer.
21. Paysera informs the Payer that his/her personal data will be processed by Paysera, and the Payer, by initiating a payment order in Paysera system via the PIS, agrees for his/her personal data to be processed and stored by Paysera. If the Payer does not agree for his/her personal data to be processed by Paysera, , the service shall not be provided to the Payer.
22. Paysera processes personal data in compliance with the following provisions:
22.1. does not request to submit any other data than that required for provision of the PIS;
22.2. ensures that information about the Payer received during provision of the PIS will be provided only to the recipient of funds and only after receiving a clear consent from the Payer;
22.3. does not store sensitive payment data of the Payer, i.e. data which can be used to commit fraud and which includes personalized security data;
22.4. ensures that personalized security data will not be available to other parties except the Payer him/herself and the issuer of the personalized security data (relevant PSP);
22.5. does not use the data for purposes other than provision of the PIS, does not have access to or store the data for other than the mentioned purposes;
22.6. does not change the amount, recipient and other features of the payment transaction;
22.7. implements appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, and any other illegal handling, as set forth in the legislation regulating processing of personal data;
22.8. implements measures to prevent PIS from being used by individuals who seek to obtain or take control over funds by deception.
23. The subject of personal data has the right to demand to be acquainted with personal data stored by Paysera, learn how it is processed and request to submit such data to him/her. The data can be provided free of charge once per calendar year, but in other cases provision of data may be charged at the amount which does not exceed the cost of data provision.
24. The subject of personal data is entitled to request Paysera to correct inaccuracies in his/her personal data free of charge or delete, limit or transfer them. The subject of personal data is also entitled not to agree with processing of his/her personal data and their disclosure to third parties, except when it is necessary for provision of services given on the website. Please note that the right to request to delete personal data immediately may be limited or impossible due to legal obligations of Paysera, as provider of payment services, to protect the data about identification of the client, payment operations, concluded agreements and so on, for the period determined by the law.
24. For the purpose of PIS provision, personal data are stored for 3 years after their receipt.
26. Requests for access, correction and non-consent shall be sent by email at email@example.com. In the request, the Client shall clearly indicate his/her name and surname. Contacts of the Paysera Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
28. The present Rules are subject to the law of the Republic of Lithuania, even if a dispute between the Payer and Paysera falls under the jurisdiction of a country other than the Republic of Lithuania.
29. The Payer has the right to submit claims and complaints about the payment services provided to the general email address email@example.com. A written claim from the Payer shall be examined not later than within 15 business days from the day of receipt. In exceptional cases, when due to circumstances that are out of control of Paysera the response cannot be provided within 15 business days, Paysera shall provide an indecisive response. In any case the response shall be provided not later than within 35 business days.
30. If the Payer is not satisfied with the solution of Paysera, the Payer has the right to exercise other legal remedies and:
30.1. submit a claim to the Bank of Lithuania at Totorių st. 4, LT-01121 Vilnius, or Žirmūnų st. 151, LT-09128 Vilnius, and(or)via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
30.2. If the Payer is a user, s/he also has the right to contact the Bank of Lithuania as an institution resolving consumer disputes in an extra-judicial manner (find out more).
31. In case of failure to settle a dispute amicably or in another extrajudicial method of dispute resolution, the dispute shall be settled by the courts following the procedure established by the law according to the location of Paysera’s office.
32. The present Rules come into force upon a payment order initiation by the Payer using the PIS provided by Paysera system. The person, using the PIS in Paysera system, acknowledges that s/he is familiar with the present Rules, agrees with them and undertakes to comply with them.
33. Paysera reserves the right to amend these Rules unilaterally at any time, and such amendments come into force upon their publication. Persons are advised to always get acquainted with the latest version of these Rules published on Paysera website.
Rules for provision of the PIS (valid until 26/07/2019)